Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Air leaks

Today was the first chance I've had to do anything to the bus in a couple of weeks.  I have started it the past two Sundays and moved it around the lot a bit just to stir fluids up, but that has been it.


Last Sunday I noticed that after I shut down the engine I could hear lots of air leaking from under the front.  So today I started poking around with my soapy water bottle to see what I could find.  Found a fitting or two that needed tweaking but the big culprit was the silver square thing in the picture.  Later found it is a quick release valve (a part of the air brake system) and it is leaking out of the side.  A call to Luke and U. S. Coach told me what it was and he is sending me a rebuild kit for it.



For some time I've had a leaking pressure regulator for the blower belt tensioner but I had no idea it was leaking this bad.  While soaping down fittings, I came to the engine compartment and inspected a few.  The regulator is leaking hugely as you can see by the large bubbles it blew.  Luke has the rebuild kits in stock for this too and is sending it to me.




No comments: