Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New gauges

This past Sunday I installed my new volt gauge in the dash.  I was just too tired after the previous days demolition to do much so I picked the gauge install. The volt gauge is the small one on the right.  The picture didn't come out very well but it is a very nice gauge from Isspro.  Now I can tell exactly what the new alternator is doing and when charging and when not.
 When I bought the bus it did not have a volt gauge in the dash or an oil pressure or water temp gauge in the rear engine room.  While the volt gauge is not a must have, the other two are.  So when I first put the bus in the shop at Republic  Diesel for those oh many months,  I had them install the direct oil pressure and water temperature gauges in the rear.  That way I know for sure what the correct readings are.  Old dash gauges tend to not be nearly as accurate.

No comments: